But what does it mean?!? Stop documenting and release untested code directly to the production server???
Most certainly not! In my definition, Agile is all about involving people in development processes. This means:
- Technical details should be hidden under the hood and just do their work properly.
- Formats are modeled after their real world purpose and implications; not after technical boundaries.
- Solutions should be open for change anytime; designs should never be fixed constants.
- Implementations are written to be read by people: both self-documenting and well-documented.
- Even XML technology can be combined with test driven development!
- The need for non-XML code is reduced to nearly zero for solution implementations; all requirements are handled by the generic infrastructure code.
- Full stack frameworks are preferred over custom integrations.
Tomorrow I'll introduce a first candidate for a full-stack framework that can compete with Rails...